Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Back to Quilting

I watched a video on You Tube that focused on using up holiday fabrics. It started with a 10.5" square, used white with other coordinating fabrics, so with the 5.5" border made a nice, fast quilt top. I may try it later.

Meanwhile I printed off the next two months for the test quilt project I am in. Admittedly, I am behind, so will work on getting these squares cut, and pinned. #3 still needs to be pressed and rows pinned to finish.

All the boxes of cookies have been delivered and received. I need to bake again this week to ship out the Italian dolci to my Sons, as well as some regular sugar cookies that go to the holiday pot luck as a host/hostess gift. (I am also bringing deviled eggs, & fresh baked rolls for the potluck.)

However, today, I am focusing only on the test months (#3, 4, 5). I am still behind on the Merry & Bright quilt as well as some other BOMS. It has been a less stressful season for me to get family holiday gifts taken care of through the giftcards. Yes, they were more than what I might usually spend, however, I know that giving $25 today is like receiving a $5 bill when I was a teen. In the hands and gone in a flash. As my life progresses, I may only have $25 to give. So this year was a good one.

Well, onto work.

No comments:

Post a Comment