Thursday, January 10, 2019

A New Goal

Quilting/making the numbers gave me an idea for this year. On so many of the quilting lists, quilters complain about how recipients of baby quilts are unappreciated. The last baby shower I went to, the Mother received 9 blankets. Most were store-bought, but then, also came with a lot of extras that the home-made quilt lacked. They were 'pretty'. Baby blankets are an easy shower or baby gift. 

AND people don't say thank you in this era. Quilters are often appalled when their quilts are given to animals or seem to get dragged around. Non-quilters do not understand the long hours and hard work that goes into a quilt. Animals are a part of our family and LOVE quilts. I gave up waiting for a thank you, & ensure each quilt has a signature request from UPSP.

Anyway, this year, I decided to ask parents if they wanted a quilted piece for their preschooler, and if they had a specific idea of what the kidlet might like. It will be interesting to see if anyone responds. My email is: bellezza.squillace@gmail.com 

I am looking for the kidlet's name, age/birthday, and any suggestions as to what they might like. I have a few ideas that are age appropriate, and do not care about gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment