Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Low Contrast

These kinda quilts (low contrast) are hard for me. I second quess the results every time. Funny that both are in the yellow family and its a color I don't chose often.

The blocks and vertical sashing are done, and I've cut strips for the back. I've started hacking so my throat is sore. While I got a lot done today, it was another day that I realized that age has creeped in and I am slower than I was even 5 years ago. This is an easy quilt pattern that I made in a day long ago.

Oh sure, I couldn't move for a couple of days after, but it was done.

During my research, I found a pattern that would use more of my stash, and just love it and need to read it before getting started. I had been looking for house block quilt patterns. This is a castle quilt pattern on the diagonal. The older patterns sometimes are free now. Thing is, they use older quilting methods, So I have learned to watch.

Snow is continuing to fall and I suspect there will be a buildup on the ground by morning. I shopped this weekend and stocked up on food and beverages. THEN today, my Chocolate & Charms package arrived. I will neither starve, got a gift of decaf (I didn't buy it so am willing to try it) and some ideas for quilting. I am set. At least through Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment