Friday, September 15, 2017

Halloween Potholders

I finished three potholders for my friend in MN. I didn't know if she wanted those hooky things, so they are hook-free. Sometimes, my heart breaks from fear of not getting something correct. But lately, I've taken a different stance and just do what I can. There are things about me that don't work as well as I want, but I can still do the work.


I made 3 potholders that have two pieces of batting & two pieces of heat resistant fabric. I made one quilted side pretty scrappy & wild. And the binding is a wavy stripe.


The other side is made with whole cloth, which means it is all one piece. That also means the potholders are reversible if my friend wants to put them on her table, & also gives them a variety of uses. The binding works for both sides. Her favorite Cat was black and hopefully this reminds her that I loved him too. Gosh I remember him running to the door to greet me every time I visited. I think of him every time I see black cats.

Speaking of black cats. There is a clowder of ferral cats...all black in town where they have access to an empty building on main street during the night. We are too small a town to have a Humane Society or a service for ferral animals, so I am not sure what will happen to them. There are so many now that I am sure there is a lot of in-breeding. Sigh. 

Three Good Things / Day 3:
  1. I have close friends in MN and WI, and some great friends in Cali
  2. Rescue Remedy saves me often
  3. I am harvesting healing herbs from my garden for tea

No comments:

Post a Comment