Tuesday, November 7, 2017

And Here We Go

I found a pattern online that made a quilt with 10" blocks, and so yesterday, I sorted, matched, stitched and cut blocks for the quilt. With the finished top measuring 55" x 70", it is the perfect size for a lap quilt.

Of course, I need batting & a back, plus the binding. There was a pattern for the top and it was $25. I wanted to use up my 10" squares so thought I'd give it a try. The hardest part was the snowball in the corner. And once I figured that out by trial and error, it came together nicely. 

There are a number of 10" squares left and so I saved the orphan blocks from this one and will make another from the pattern.

It felt good to quilt again, but what I did was to start another project, while not returning to the one that is on the top of my list. Its a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment