Thursday, November 2, 2017

Comfort Quilt

The administration for one of the Swap Bot groups fell to me when the originator for the group decided to leave and is enrolled full time in college. Not sure if it is undergrad or grad work.


So one of the swaps I organized for the holiday season is a Sender's Choice and is for a seasonal object involving your art. Well, mine is quilting. Then, I realized the swap assigns partners too late for this to work, and decided to send it as a comfort quilt to a single friend who is recovering from surgery.


This is a double-sided quilt, with two very different looks. When I send it, I will be sure to include laundry instructions and tell the participant that it is a utility quilt, meant to be used and worn out by the person, perhaps going in the trunk of her car for emergencies or even in a kennel or as a pet bed.

My machine was acting up and acting out. I was really glad this quilt would be leaving in Saturday's mail. This friend is expecting some Lemongrass from my garden and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment