Monday, May 28, 2018

Erratic Blogging

I would like to honor my personal commitment to blog, and well heck, to quilt each day. However, life is changing for me and I am doing what I can while I can and when I can.

One more lap/nap size comfort quilt that was finished this week. This pattern "Blocks & Strips", was made from FQs I had on hand. Binding is a white print.

The back side is created from my stash collection of blocks that are randomly joined. It makes a nice 2-sided quilt for a guy. He had a stroke last year and is doing good.
I did two things differently on it. One is quilting with the wavy river stitch next to the ditches. The other is binding in white and machine stitching it rather than hand sewing. Usually binding is a darker fabric but there are no rules. And the double machine line to reinforce it is different for me but is used by many quilters who avoid hand work on their binding. Its done now and will ship out later this week.

As for my blog. Well, today, I worked to sort photos for my scrapbooks. I set a timer and worked for an hour and walked away from it. That walking away after an hour no matter the task is so new to me and hard on my formerly extreme methods of working myself to death.

I did blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment