Thursday, May 31, 2018

Getting Organized - AGAIN

Being organized is helpful on so many levels. First of all, removing clutter helps me think more clearly. I try not to be that squirrel who forgets where the nuts were hidden for safe keeping.


Stuff sitting around the studio actually stops the flow of my thinking and creativity, and I forget what I was doing or what was next. It takes time to put things away after working with it, and yet, the time is well spent.

Then, of course, there is the advantage of finding something without a lot of time spent looking. As the stash diminishes, this is an important aspect. If I make a plan to do a quilt, then finding the color or fabric means not having to shop. I can use up what I have.

I made the corrections to the squares for the BOM I worked on this morning. It all needs pressing before going onto the next step. Also, more of the BOD pieces were added finishing up May. The new monthly spreadsheet is printed and ready.

Part of the morning was spent filling out forms and getting ready for the trip. I've printed off the short stories, stapled pages and have index cards to plot out the story line. Good to be organized. Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment