Saturday, January 5, 2019

Bought Fabric

Now this is a huge step for me. I bought fabric for a quilt I plan to keep. It wasn't on sale and it wasn't cheap. I spent time in the quilt shop looking at what I needed, looking around and chatting. A very different experience for me on all levels.

On some levels shopping has been always difficult. I hated spending money on myself when my Sons were young. However, now, its just me. Old habits still cling. But when I first saw this quilt finished, it was the first pattern I ever wanted to make for myself. It is a dark blue sky for night with snowflakes falling. At the bottom is a snow scene with trees. This is where one can adapt to a specific finish. It cannot be scrapped out. Fabric had to be purchased.

At first I wanted to get enough fabric to make two and give one to my Nephew. But suddenly, it got pricey. I know I can get fabric on sale and stopped myself. I'll do this one and if it works easily, I will do one for my Nephew.

Today is a New Moon and an eclipse, which signals to some that 2019 will be a different kind a year. It is blowing like heck outside, and someone said its going to snow today here, and rain tomorrow in LA. Well, it is Winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment