Thursday, January 31, 2019

Something Squared #1

I love the idea of a square-block sampler quilt. It is a BOM designed by 2 Australian quilters, Sue Belleli & Kerry Buckingham for the Block of the Month club on Facebook.

Block #1 (Adori) is very unique, and while I followed the cuts and pieced with 1/4", it still came up short of the 12.5" square. I added a 1 1/4" border and it works.  Another time in my life, I might have tried to 'fix' it, but think it looks mighty fine.

I didn't really like the cross in the center of the block and that silly little fact kept me from wanting to make it. I planned to make it seem less noticeable but in the end, it shows. I think that the dark parts could have gone on the very outside, yet it is done, and done is done.

I am listening to an audiobook by Viktor E. Franklin MAN'S SEARCH FOR MEANING read by Simon Vance. I first read this book while in high school, lo these many decades ago. While listening rather than reading is different, so is reading it as a teenager different than listening as an elder.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment