Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Still Playing Catchup

It seems that age has a way of slowing us down, and while I have always been fast and busy, the pace I keep now, so I've been told, is one most average people have. Hmm...finally. I have become average. Well, maybe.

As my scraps start to get used (a big YEA here), it becomes more difficult to make something work. 

Last year I joined some quilt alongs or blocks of the month, and one block of the day. Previously, I joined swaps, so as my closets got more organized, I discovered the orphan blocks & decided to put what I had together in a quilt top and call it. Then I auditioned fabrics for the sashing and border. There was this chunk of dark purple with a sort of glitter to it that was the same shade value of the navies and grays in the blocks. After washing the purple twice, it seemed to be perfect to add and not detract from the blocks. I don't have much purple fabric so couldn't find anything for the outside borders. I decided to used a light green/white stripe as a faux-piping and just use the purple for 2 borders. There is also enough for binding!

I had planned to back it with the BOD mood quilt. Its made of 5" squares or HSTs cut from them. One a day. I am going to finish it and see what they look like together. I pressed it and want to finish the remaining rows. The pattern calls for borders that would make it the size of the other side of a quilt. I will see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment