Saturday, January 19, 2019

Merry & Bright Top

It has taken me a lot of time to finish the Test Quilt, and I am under a promise not to reveal it, so cannot upload the pic. Needless to say, it was a surprise that I am shaking my head over and over. How lovely it turned out. I put it in a container where it can sit until the regular quilters finish. At that time, I will add the border, batting, back, quilting and binding.

Trying to catch up to my other projects. I finally finished the Merry and Bright scrap BOM.  All the BOMs or Quilt-Alongs are Mystery quilts. One never knows the end product. 

And by using scraps from my stash, it is a lot of work to make it work. 

While you cannot tell, there was not enough of the light blue to make the first border. I used a different fabric on the top and bottom rows to make it work. Then, the dark blue. I measured and consulted a calculator for borders and cut away. There was enough left on the 2/3 to make the borders half an inch larger. Maybe. It is nice. It is fine.

My plan for the back is to use a larger piece cut to extend 3" beyond the final top measurements. I'll make a scrappy middle of the sections. Just not today. I need to be done for today and happy with my finishes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment