Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Quilted Teaching Tool

One of the families out here has a little 2-year-old grrrl. Both her parents are literally Rocket Scientists out at Edwards Airforce Base. The Dad wants her to know her numbers and has been using the reward of a cookie if she does them. She's 2. Anyway, one should never criticize a parent. Instead, I made these numbers. 

One layer is cotton with iron-on stiffening, 2 pieces of batting and the back is flannel so it can go on her flannel board. I am not good with reading patterns, and don't plan to make another set. The pattern said to trace the lines on the right side of the cotton, and to cut the cotton out with a pinking sheer. I didn't do either suggestion and so created more work for myself, and a blister on my finger from cutting through 4 layers with the pinking sheer.

The 6 is on yellow fabric which is darker than it shows in the pic. I didn't really coordinate the fabrics and yet like how they turned out.

Back to the tester quilt blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment