Sunday, June 30, 2019

New Swaps

Besides the simple BOM Orange swap, the Table Runner, the Mini Quilts, I signed up for Summer Mug Rugs and a Summer Pincushion. Crazy.

I tried one of those easy Mason Jar tops. Couldn’t do it. So I went browsing for patterns. Watermelon is one of my favorite Summer fruits. It seemed easy enough.

First, it called for felt scraps. I spent time looking and drove off to town. $1.90 per cut. Then to find threads. Easy part done.

I’ve developed Essential Tremor. Both hands now. Keeping even stitches is a challenge.  This was a test, I guess.


I planned to make two different Mug Rugs. And because I don’t do assembly work, they are different though the same. This swap was assigned tonight, so I ca assemble extras and ship it off this week.

Funny thing, my partner likes the idea of appliqué as well as bright colors so, she will be happy. I went back into group archives to see what extras she might like.

Both projects gave me a sense of accomplishment.



No comments:

Post a Comment