Monday, June 24, 2019

Twin Log Cabin

Just need to do a final check before shipping. Good to have it done so I can get back to smaller projects.


I am more aware projects need to be smaller. Last night I made copies of various BOM patterns and swap ideas. This is a lovely quilt and I do hope my friend likes it. I am glad to have it finished. 

I have learned, finally, that people simply don’t get the quilting process. We live in a culture where things match...like walls, carpet, sofas.

Quilts are not about matching.

Quilts are different for people. What the quiltmaker creates is her vision. What a person receives is compared to what they can buy online, at Macy’s or Walmart for $50. A handmade quilt is worth hundreds or even thousands.

Well, I am off to do what I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment