Friday, December 1, 2017

Being Radical

Sometimes when something happens beyond our control, what is left to us is finding Radical Acceptance, and moving into Radical Forgiveness. The package I sent was obviously picked up by someone whose life led them to taking what was not theirs. Impossible to know the conditions nor the motivation and feeling of deprivation. 

I learned that there are folks who follow delivery trucks in order to take packages. My guess is that it was the neighbor who lives above Granddaughter #3's duplex. #3 was ok with what happened because it was never hers to see or open or care about. On the other hand, I experienced the disappointment, hurt and loss.


And so today, I continued with the quilt project on hand and am nearly finished hand sewing the binding. With this one, however, it will ship with the request for Granddaughter #1's signature. 

However, through a large part of the day I found myself sending strong energy for the package recovery. Then it hit me. I needed to release the desire for positive resolution, release the anger I felt and forgive the person who needed this package to fill some sort of emptiness. 

I need to do this for me. The person will have natural consequences and may never return the package to Granddaughter #3. This event could turn out several ways, either leading them into more crime or as a trigger to heal. 

Radical Acceptance. Radical Forgiveness. I am being radical and trusting in the greater good.

No comments:

Post a Comment