Saturday, December 2, 2017

In Memory

I worked hard to finish this comfort quilt and will ship today. Granddaughter #1 sent 3 teeshirts and so my design had them for a foundation, yet had to use what I had. 

It is really lovely. What I did was to trim down the 5 Harley images to start with. I staggered them so each row would have a panel. Four of them were trimmed to 13" so I could use 12.5" blocks. Then, I added spacer strips or sections to get the 5 rows to an equal width. I did my best to balance out the design and really love how it turned out. I did make the side borders just a little wider to extend it to a standard lap quilt size.

The back is simple. The heart-shaped label is on the lower left corner, and the binding is made of black strips in the stash. In all, it turned out quite lovely.

I plan to ship it requiring a signature. I am learning that a few extra dollars spent this way is better than the grief of a lost package.

No comments:

Post a Comment