Saturday, December 9, 2017

Layout Done

Because other quilters finished earlier than I did, I learned from their layouts. Again, this quilt was made of scraps I had in my closet. The other day, someone said they were almost angry that they had to use their scraps and thought they would get ugly quilts.
Sometimes its made me sad not to shop for fabrics and what I use might not turn out as good as some I see, but it just makes no sense to bring home more when what I have takes over one HUGE closet.

This is my layout. We pre-cut pieces and so I have sewn sashing and corner stones together. Its a matter of joining the pieces and adding borders, which are also cut. It will look different from this layout. The tricky part was how the sides of each nested with the ones next to it. They form patterns too. I am far from done with this quilt. Borders are relatively complex.

And that's it for today as I am headed to the big city for a holiday parade & light dinner in Lancaster and to a holiday play in Palmdale, (Its a Wonderful Life). Tomorrow I start baking cutout cookies....dough needs to refrigerate before rolling. 


No comments:

Post a Comment