Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Bordering

This was the first mystery quilt I made that had us pre-cut fabric pieces for the first month, and admittedly, I was skeptical. However, it works really good. In fact, this last section, the borders, is so hard that I am glad I didn't have to go back and cut. It is a very complex pattern and might have been an easy one to let become a UFO.


Sashing & corner-stones are on, as is the first border. Pink and white strips shown on top of the ironing board are ready to cut at 2.5" for the checkerboard border. Lots of cutting, pressing, pinning and joining into all four sides. And then, more borders.

With only four blocks making up the quilt, two of them made up a row. Each has a different outside border, so there is an interesting pattern created. This is going to be a wedding quilt for a family member. All scraps. That is the wonder of it all for me. I am thinking that there isn't a fabric for the back and may buy a teal batik.

No comments:

Post a Comment