Friday, December 22, 2017

New Car Day

Spent the day in Palmdale at the Honda dealership buying a new car. It seemed to take forever to get it done, AND they were having a holiday party for employees so that slowed things down further. 


Anyway, my Saturn went in for a trade-in, and the salesguy said they would use it for parts when I asked how I got such a premium for it. I am glad to be rid of the fretting the aging Saturn seemed to cause each trip. This new one, like all cars for sure, has good points and challenges to it. Everything on it is computerized so I paid for the extended warranty and hope to sell it before that expiration date.


The Winter Solstice drum ritual and pot luck went nicely last night. I cannot say I drew friends to my life as folks walked out the door after it was over and went back to their lives, but what does happen is that I learned how many good people live in my area.

Well, today and for part of the weekend, I need to get back to the binding for a quilt and for a weekender tote.

I know that life and the seasons cycle, and that with Winter, many of us withdraw to our psychological caves to heal and restore our energies. I love having the quilts I make rest on my lap at night while I sew the binding. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment