Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Blessed Jets Lap Quilt

The original pattern for this is by Sally Hutchinson. It was exactly what I wanted to make for the 3-year-old-boy in the family. He loves all vehicles and I wanted to make him a big boy quilt rather than one he would outgrow. 

This pattern does it. At first I thought I might add more borders to it. While I have more of the jet-gray, and red from the back, I decided its perfect as a lap quilt, perfect for a growing kid to drag around the house, with him in the car and maybe outside. It will work the way it is. The red for the back needs to be color set before it gets added, so it took 3 washes and the Color Catchers still ended up pink. Grrrr. As much as I love red....

So now, I need to move onto other projects.

I measured larger scrap pieces, I thought about next steps. And that was my day. I've moved into a different phase of my life where I want to work part of the day and speculate, muse, dream, plan the rest of the day. Its working for me. I was able to get flannel scraps the size of the Solstice to Solstice quilt. They are assembled quite randomly and took all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment