Sunday, August 26, 2018

Really, Only 21

The pattern gives the primary instructions for a larger quilt. The lap size, which I am making, only takes 21 Friendship stars. I was almost stressed when the count I had was 13-18-then 21. I went back to the pattern and read with relief that the 21 count was correct.


They are pieced and pressed. The next step works with the Jets as templates and the starry blue fabric making triangles around the various pieces. This pattern might be easy to follow, just tedious with all its many steps. I've had to pay close attention to the difference between the sizes. I've been thinking about how to quilt it and want to do more of a wavy line in channel stitches going vertically to carry them up in the air. I know this is early to consider, yet, being mindful is imperative to all I do.

The next step was easy. A simple HST - Half Square Triangle, cut to make wings for 4 jets. The pattern was meant for the larger quilt & a few things were eliminated on the lap size version. Instructions for the larger version did not translate into the smaller one, so it became confusing for me. As I have said often, I am pattern-reading challenged. As it gets closer to assembly, I make do. Rather than to follow the written text, I am following the visual. And that works.

The Rainbow Bargello is finished, drying and ready to go in the bin, saved til the end of January when it ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment