Tuesday, August 21, 2018

When You Organize

Well, when I organize any way. I know that my stash is organized. And then I put something away and can't find it. My closet bins have been organized many times and things ARE pretty easy. However, when I put a quilt top and back away in the bin for 'next things to work on' and it was the last place I looked, I realized that I needed to go through bins and MARK them with contents.

Things hide easily and memory slips away like winds in the valley.

I found a finished top in fall fabrics that was a BOM called Solstice to Solstice. It is huge and actually lays over my queen size bed. I also found two projects with this top that qualify for backs. Unfortunately, there is no note-to-self. I don't know what I was thinking.

What I did was to cut apart and piece the long flannel. I don't know measurements on anything so don't know if it will fit the top. Then, the other part of a project was all these rail fence blocks. They were pinned in groups of 9. I think there were over 30 of them, so I started joining each grouping of 9 into rows, trying to alter the twists and continued by joining 2 rows together. 


Meanwhile, I finished the Bargello quilt, which is the first and last one I will ever make. Claudia, at 5Heart Quilts did a great job with the long-arm on it, and the flannel back makes it ever so cozy. But what a hard one to make. It follows a very simple pattern and looks fine. However, it was just too many cuts, too much matching. I am glad to have it done and ready for my younger Son's birthday in February. It will go in the bin marked to send out. It is a nice size for a personal quilt and he will enjoy the warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment