Sunday, August 5, 2018

Machine Quilting

Next on my list to finish is a quilt for one of my friends. There is a bit of white as background to the top so I bought a spool of white Aurifil thread. Its 100% cotton, a bit pricey but works beautifully.


My fingers are still bandaged and not hurting as badly. The best I can do with machine quilting these days...with my skills and machine is to channel stitch. Its shows just a little bit if you look closely. This one would not work with either horizontal or vertical lines. It does work with diagonal lines, so I've begun. Taping the lines works better for me than using a pen that could stain. The white fabric will wrinkle more than the colored ones.

It is my hope to finish the binding on this one and Sami's Hallows Twisted 4-Patch and get them both shipped on Friday before a trip to Vegas. 

I have enough money to buy another sewing machine. That is not the issue. I don't believe in getting the high priced ones as they do not last any longer than these cheapies. However, I want to finish all my machine quilted projects first before doing that. Once I get what is almost done shipped to their new homes, the spaces in my closet will free up to bring other projects stored on the shelves down to eye level. Seriously. I do not want to spend money when there is still some life in this machine. I need to be aware of its eccentricities and use it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment