Thursday, August 30, 2018

La Befana Pillows

I bought 6 pillow forms with the intention to make and give one to each of my Grandchildren. The leftover red from the Blessed Jets quilt is cut perfectly for 12" pillows. 


While each is made from the same pattern, the look of the first two is different from each other, and the pattern. They are the same & yet not. Obviously I will learn from each one I make. It is my hope to make them all red representing the Roman Red used for the Empire's flags, its military uniforms and many of the dresses and togas. Then her hair is gray. There is a scrap of it, and with luck it will extend to all 6 pillows. Or not. I found 2 squares for the face pink, used buttons for eyes. Then there is a poinsettia cutout for the hair flower. It does sort of blend with the background so will take careful placing. The dress is a pink with white dot and the collars will be what scraps are here. I'll try to make three and three of them. I machine stitched the smile and nose on the first one, hand embroidering the second version. I re-did it with the black, and now it pops much like a cartoon image.

No comments:

Post a Comment