Thursday, April 5, 2018

BOMs for April

It becomes confusing with all these BOMs I am doing. Confusing as to where to find them. Funny thing is, that the names of the groups are so similar and the admins don't post a link to the new block, so its searching. I've been writing my own notes on the pattern pages to try and keep them sorted.

I finished two blocks so far. 
This one is a test block for the Floral group and is called a Disappearing Hourglass. I had agreed to test blocks, and it just means making one up before it is issued for the group. I won't make another when it comes due. It was easy enough.

The next one is another Floral block and it is called a Floral Friendship Star. I actually bought the batik, the teal and the yellow yesterday. I had the dark purple to go with it. The Medallion quilt is the only one that uses the same fabrics for each round. These other blocks will compromise sampler quilts and will have lots of variety of fabrics and colors so scraps can be used in the projects.

It took awhile to load bobbins again. This is a task that takes up a bit of time and is essential. I also got outside in my garden and pulled up a bucket of weeds. The rest of the day is dedicated to sewing the binding on the Outhouses quilt. 

And today is my birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment