Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Kitty Beds

The fleece I bought at JoAnn Fabrics was to make 2 kitty beds. One of the practices I want to continue is to use 'trim-scraps' rather than to toss baskets full of them into the trash. I have made 2 for Rico that he uses from time to time.

These are for two Wisconsin fur babies. Soft fleece beds, which are more like pillows, can be tossed anywhere, and cats want to sit and lay on them. I will stuff a little lighter than I did some earlier ones I made. They just need a bit of a cushioning. Additionally, it is a wash/dry piece.

I've decided to step back from swapping through SwapBot. Swaps that call for crafting are out for me. My skills have never been good in that area. I like the Stocking Stuffer Swaps because it is nice to have small gifts at the end of the year for holidays. I could just wrap my own things, but for now, that one stays. Postage was getting worse too, so it is another reason to step back. 

My computer geek is looking for an affordable laptop that I can use for writing. One thing that happened with me over the last few years is that my quilting took over so much of my time that I stopped writing. Then Swap-bot took over another portion of free time so I wrote even less. In fact after awhile these blog entries were all the writing I was doing. I guess I am just re-visiting priorities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment