Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Small Details

Over the years, I've learned to check and re-check seams, and corners before basting. The first time, I pinned places where the project needed to go back to the machine. Its not about being obsessive or a perfectionist, but more about being practical.

The top and back of the current comfort quilt is reinforced. The next round of checking will be the final one. Its important that the seams and corners be strong enough to withstand hard use. All the quilts made here are utility quilts, meant to be used.

The other project is the Medallion / Round 4.  This particular block is called the Star of Hope. I've been avoiding it because of the technical steps that require the rays of the star go in a specific direction. The first cut was way wrong, and the second attempt had the ray components going incorrectly. I put it away because it just frustrated me and I wasn't feeling good. 

I am feeling better, so my head is clear and I can return to the task which is more than likely simple.

Funny thing about not feeling well. Whatever is going on physically, for me at least, seems to effect my thoughts, my emotions and my spirit. I loose hope. My thoughts darken. My emotions despair. And so does the spirit. Of course, I could not work on a block called Star of Hope. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment