Friday, April 13, 2018

Comfort Quilt Back

I had 3 different scrappy backs started and in a bin waiting for a match. Its like dating!  I measured the top, and then did a simple calculation for what the 3 backs measure. My intention with making generic backs out of scraps is that when they are needed, I can either add blocks or subtract from what is there. When I have to buy fabric for a back, it ends up anywhere from $50 or more. Its not about the money as much as it is USING what I already have. I can afford to buy the fabric but that is not my first choice.

The top is made of 8" blocks and one of the backs is also that size. I added more blocks to it, and checked seams and corners in the back to make any 'repairs'. I joined some of the larger pieces of batting too.

This part of the project requires is just time. Time. Oh funny. If there was ever a spiritual issue I am dealing with it is TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment