Saturday, April 7, 2018

Outhouses

I am really grateful to have finished this quilt months before it will be sent. There is at least one small inch of stitching that seemed to have come loose, so I will check it all but it is very much ready to ship for my Older Son's birthday.

It made me chuckle to think of the blues in it as water...water needed to move the stuff in the Outhouses. I hope he gets a chuckle from it too. This is the back. The entire quilt is made from scraps that were in my closet. I pulled strips that coordinated with the top and also used them as the stitching lines to keep them all equal-distant and in line.

The top was done with 4 sketches of Outhouses and then appliquéd on the center blocks. Border ideas came from another quilt-along I did. Personally, I think it was fun to do, quite unique, and really turned out great for him. He is a Plumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment