Monday, August 19, 2019

Mailing Tomorrow

While there are still Hallows projects under my needle, several are going out in the mail. Bother’s table runner of X’s and an O, 6 Mug Rugs to members of a Spoonie group I am in, and BOM swap.

This is the BOM. I like how the photo looks. The center 9-patch were pieces I found in the stash of 2.5” pieces, so I had not used them before.

I took out other scraps saved in a bag for the Orange BOM. There is more fabric, and I’ve used the fabric I had for bindings and borders. Ah hah! A trip to Carpinteria......and I want to use what I have and replace fabrics as I go. If I can deplete what is here first, I can buy what is needed later.




 I laid these all out. These are actually the backs in this photo, and, as anyone can see, they are scrappy but useful for a change or personal preference.

The downside of scrappy quilting is that you never know if your idea will work.

I posted a note on the group page asking for 6 people to step forward. This is a group of people dealing with various chronic issues who have reached out for cheer.

Sometimes I think it would be more wise to make stuff first and then asks if someone wants it. Nine people responded.

These need to go out right away. I’ll get the other items ready as soon as I can.

Theses are the tops. Only one person requested a particular theme. Bats. It’s the middle one in the top row. These little thumbnail photos are really brief.

I cut binding for 3 of the table tops and might get them on tomorrow. It will take several settings to hand sew the binding. I am binding 2 mug rugs as well.

Another table topper is cut,pinned, and ready to piece.

Also,TaDa, I signed up for a Fall table runner. I don’t have fabric for it and am not sure which pattern to use. These need to go out first.

The Blue Something Squared BOM is caught up. The Solids is not. Push, push, push.

No comments:

Post a Comment