Sunday, August 4, 2019

Up All Night

Now that I am off some meds, I don’t sleep as easily. Tonight I spent time planning for a few projects. The Solid BOM blocks are drawn from the same grouping.

I ordered the wood grain look for the mini quilt bookshelf. It looks nice now and will be great when the border is on.

My next project is to make the Hallows quilts for my Grandkids, and move along the other scraps.

After a lot of searching through patterns for the last one, the decision is to make a 4 -patch. I can use coordinating 4.5 squares that complement the larger 8.5 squares. Fabric selection takes a bit of time needed to make a scrap quilt than one where you walk into a store and pull bolts off that the store buyer and the manufacturer already planned. Each one is different even if they share a few pieces.

This particular quilt needs to go together quickly. I read somewhere that when you plan to give quilts to siblings, it’s best to do it at the same time. Two of the Grandgrrls are Sisters, who would talk.

Well, it’s 3 now and I am going to see if I can sleep. Really. Unless I clean in here, I am set to piece in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment