Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Finish

Non-quilting projects are a challenge to me, however, I have learned that they are good practice.


After many stops and starts, I finished the Day 12 gift for the swap. This is a pincushion organizer with a thread catcher. It didn't turn out the way I would have liked it. Again, the pattern was so difficult for me. The directions were less clear. For instance, it did not say to put right sides together, and the pics were not clear to show right sides because there was not enough contrast. Whine. It is a pincushion that sits on the edge of a table, and the thread catcher is removable. There are pockets to tuck in rippers or scissors for easy holding.

Anyway, its done, in a box, wrapped and tagged. That project is finished.

Three Good Things / Day 30:
  1. Warm enough outside to open windows
  2. Breezes have carried smoke from fires north of us out of the valley
  3. I enjoyed watching DR. STRANGE yesterday and plan to watch it again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment