Monday, October 16, 2017

Prep Work

I have a basket that I toss project leftovers into so that I can cut them into the standard scrap sizes. It takes awhile to do this, which is why I let them collect. Then I put on a TV show & cut. 


Its caught up now. The basket is empty again and there are more squares filling that one collection bin. The first stack to the left is for fabrics that are more than 1/8 of a yard at WOF and some may measure out to be as much as a yard long. I colorized them and will put them in a bin of their own. That bin is where I draw larger pieces from to go with patterns. The middle pile contains everything from 10" to 2.5" squares and will go in the scrappy bin. The strips on the far end are 2.5" and have a few uses from strip quilting to the carnival look for binding.

I like to do this every once in awhile because it reduces the volume of fabric, cutting away what isn't really going to be used in what I do. Also, having pre-cuts is of value in so many ways, including speedy retrieval for what I do want to use in a project. I know exactly what I have.

Three Good Things / Day 31:
  1. Donated 3 full bags of household and clothing items to the thrift store
  2. Bought simple gifts online for the holiday, relieving myself of the usual stress I feel trying to come up with ideas for everyone
  3. Will be able to give-away a bedspread set that I have held onto for over 2 decades. This is sort of a silly thing and yet is a huge event.

No comments:

Post a Comment