Monday, October 23, 2017

Ready to Begin Again

I finished almost all the cleaning and organizing work in my studio, & of course the housekeeper comes on Wednesday to do mirrors, windows, the ceiling fan and light fixtures. There is one more bin of papers I plan to sort later today. 


It really feels good in here and looks organized. My project table is as clear as it was the day I put it in here. It took me awhile to straighten wires for the computer parts. Three of them had one end unconnected. I want to go back and tag each one with its function so I don't need to spend so much time trying to figure out what they do or where they go.

This is the shelf/area I have for shipping resources. The door opens to hide it, but it also is organized. I plan to make and send cookies to Family before the holidays and bought tins and have some boxes to put them in. Also, some of this is for Swap-bot exchanges. Having everything in one place makes it easier to remember what is there as well as putting more into each package. This all represents things that can be passed along that served me well at one time, and no longer spark joy.

My last quilt (finished a couple of months ago) is ready to ship in a few weeks, as is the 12 Days of Christmas swap, both of which can go out on the same day.

As soon as the bins near the shelf unit are empty, they will go into the closet and hold quilt projects. I can tell I feel better about getting back into the past time. 

Three Good Things / Day 38:

  1. I feel a sense of hopefulness about quilting again, which is different from what I felt when I first started
  2. What I did here in the studio created a more healthy space to continue quilting
  3. Lord of the Rings audiobook playing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment