Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Crazy-making

This Jungian Psych course I've been taking for 3 quarters has gotten really difficult. The Instructor posted a response to the questions most of us have about why the course is so difficult and if there is light at the end of the tunnel. No he said, it is never easy to do depth psychology. There is no quick and easy answer to your personal mystery, no happily ever after. All that is an illusion. 'So why?' we whine. And he laughs.

I have compulsions, complexes, crazy behavior. Some times I realize my origin stories, sometimes I keep searching.

And so I quilt. Just when I have a little time, I start thinking I will join this swap or that quilt-along, or maybe even buy into a BOM club for $10 to register and $29.99 each month for the next year to 14 months.

And then I stop myself.
Thing is, when I stop, I really stop. Right now, my stopping is so still that I can't get started again. One of my friends asked me if I was burned out and maybe is a good answer. Honestly, I don't know. There is always tomorrow. I have a list of things I plan to do and know I will get to them soon enough.


Three Good Things / Day 25:
  1. Shopping in the big city (Palmdale) reminds me to take a list or plan to over-spend. Yes, why yes I did.
  2. I bought Mother candy for her birthday. It is the least I can do from long distance. She is in a nursing home with advancing dementia so has few things she can receive or remembers she likes
  3. I have everything I need for several projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment