Friday, October 27, 2017

Tie Pillow

My FatherInLaw passed some years ago now, and when he did I took what was left of his business ties. There weren't many left so my guess is that these half dozen are the ones he wore in later years. He always dressed quite professionally. Well, they have been kicking around in my closet, and I found a way to use them even though I have long since abandoned the pattern.


I cut off the ends to get a prairie point look, and I took a square of batting for foundation, then sewed some tie pieces to give it a better look in case the tips flip up, and have been doing my best to make them look random. I've run out of the ends and am now at the place of making my own. The ties are all in browns, blues and grays with one red, so will look nice together.

I have a pillow form with a gold cover that I will use as the foundation for this, and will keep working on it til its done.

This man was good friends with my Daddy and while both were alive, they met for breakfast almost every day to talk about their Grandsons. At the memorial for my Father, I saw his friend standing at the back of the room, and of course waved him and my former Husband to sit with family in front.

The longer one lives, the less able they become in body, mind and spirit, and so it was for him. It is a joy to make this pillow.

I believe that women follow their Mother-line and men follow their Father-line. My younger Son has a Son, so they have this lineage. I'll send it to them and they can decide whether to use it, save it or give it away.

And then, I basted a Holiday scrap quilt. This one goes in a Sender's Choice swap for the holiday and will be sent in a few weeks. It's small and I'll do a simple machine quilting over it, then trim and bind it. This one gave me a chance to use up holiday scraps. They always say to send something you would like to have and if I wasn't a quilter, this would be a cozy wrap for in front of the video screen.

Three Good Things / Day 41:
  1. More of the vines out back are turning crispy
  2. Thrash pick up will give me space to pull more vines and even do some leaf blowing
  3. I love Autumn Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment