Monday, March 19, 2018

No Contrast Quilt

Most quilts that I make, and others make, have contrast so you can see the pattern. This quilt was one of the hardest I made because there was little contrast and in fact, the fabrics used had the same value.

The other reason why it was difficult is that much of the fabric was cut on the bias so it had the tendency to stretch. It is the kind of quilt that can be folded and lay over a sofa and not be noticed. Yet, the function of a comfort quilt is that you can cuddle under it and let it help generate the heat you need in the moment.

Power is scheduled to go on and off during the day, so I am not sure what I will be able to do here. I have a few projects that need cutting and pinning, so that might be what I target. And I will use natural lighting to read. A quiet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment