Thursday, March 15, 2018

Spring Mug Rugs

I joined an exchange on Swap Bot for Spring Air and went looking for an idea or pattern for Birds on Mug Rugs. Its surprising how many ideas there were. I selected one from a blog named Samelia's Mum. Of course, what I liked about the pattern is that I could use scraps from my closet.

It was quite simple to make and the pattern suggested making two of the same fabrics to make the best use of them. The hardest part for me, when I do scrap quilting is to find fabrics that coordinate. Her examples were a lot more wild with more contrast between the bird and background than I ended up making, yet, I like them.

I picked up the low contrast quilt and it was long-armed beautifully. I've trimmed it now & need to measure out for binding and hope I can continue with what is here. The power company is doing work on Monday and it might be the perfect day to hand sew binding.

Got outside to weed. With all the soaking rains we've had, weeds pulled up easily. I will get at more of it tomorrow. I hired a one-time house cleaner to come in over the weekend to mop floors, the entry & hall bathroom, as well as clean the big picture window inside & out. There is still enough to do to get ready for my Spring Break company.

No comments:

Post a Comment