Monday, March 12, 2018

What Am I Doing?

Its taken me days to blog again. Realizing that when I first began to blog, it was my plan to write daily about my spirituality & use quilting as the format. Not to blog signals where I am spiritually. Its not just about quilting, it is also about my state of mind & how I am thinking, and also about my emotions & how I am either dealing with them or not. Then there is Spirit.

Shopping, for me at least, is symbolic of seeking something outside myself to meet my needs. Whether it is thread, fabric or some quilting tool, clearly I need and want more than what I have. Thing is, most of my needs are met within my home. I can order online & do not NEED to go out of the house. 

However, when I do go out, there is a human connection that happens even if it is only exchanging money from a credit card swipe for a bag of goods.

I took the No-contrast Snail's Trail Quilt in to get it long-armed. I looked around at fabrics and patterns & stopped myself from buying because I have projects going that need completion first before buying more. My goal is to only buy what I do not have.

I've been working on several projects. This one is a Ribbon Quilt, that is cut and getting pieced row by row. I have two quilts basted & bought more thread to machine quilt them. I have the March Round pattern on the Medallion Quilt to do, and have out-of-state company coming the last week in March, so am preparing for their visit as well.

Its been cold outside and wet, so when I do get out in my gardens, it is for something quick. Things are messy out there but then, I can only do what I can only do.

No comments:

Post a Comment