Wednesday, January 3, 2018

An Emotional BOM Quilt

One of the online groups I am in is hosting a very personal BOM quilt this year. It is to be scrappy, and it is meant to log in our daily emotions.

Because we are left on our own to do the project without any more direction than this page, I realized soon enough that the list of emotions given were greater than I feel. 

The scraps I selected to use are 5" charms and have a shoebox filled with them. Odd bits and leftovers from many years. 

I found a monthly mood tracker chart online, but even with 10 moods, it was too much for me. What I did was to divide moods into 3 categories; the darker side, the lighter side and those high energy peaks I get often. Then I sorted fabrics into those three categories and will make all the half square triangles (HST) from them as well as choosing squares for some days. Thing is, in making a HST, I end up with 2 blocks...and am not sure if I will use both of them in the quilt or consign them to the orphan bin.

My trip to the big city to get the car computer checked out was exhausting yesterday. I did get some of the binding sewn on the Weekender Tote so that was good. By the time I got home, all I could do was 'crash & burn' on the loveseat. Gone are the days of getting everything done and still having energy to keep going. Now I need to do more self-care.

No comments:

Post a Comment