Friday, January 5, 2018

Outhouses

It took me awhile to select fabrics for this quilt as my choice is to make it relatively masculine for the outhouse look. Meanwhile, I sorted bins, sectioning backs, quilts ready to baste, and those kits still being working upon.

I am working on the fourth outhouse, and it is simply not turning out, so I may give in and start over on it. This last one is even more piecey so will take a bit more time. I might even redesign it. I think the grassy part needs to be lighter as a start.

I decided to piece more as I go with the 'emotional' BOM quilt. What I have done is to keep the box of scrap blocks that will go into it. They are actually 5" charms, and because there are more than half HST made, I will keep the halves not used in one block and select them as I go to make use of them.

One of the worst things about organizing is that I forget to label. I am getting better at it but when I forget, that is the exact project I want and then spend so much time searching. I always think that something is obvious and it is at the time, but then...time gets in the way and I need to search.

No comments:

Post a Comment