Tuesday, January 16, 2018

No Photo Basting

Got into the clubhouse to baste and although I brought 2 quilt projects in, one of them was really wrinkled from sitting so long in the bag that I brought it back home to press it again. The nature of homemade quilts is that they do wrinkle as you wash them and use them, however, it has been my habit to send them as unwrinkled as possible for the first look.

Then I started on the low contrast Snail's Trail quilt. I have been told that it is a very hard choice because it is the contrast that helps with the layout. And I used the lower contrast of the 2 off-white/beigy colors with the print. 

Yes, why yes it will be difficult. I watched Jenny's tutorial and she laughed as she said that she is a chain-stitcher so if she makes a mistake, it happens on all of them. Did I listen?

It seems true that this is a harder pattern to follow with low contrast fabrics, but I think it will end up quite lovely. Pictures to follow after the computer guy comes.

There is enough quilting work to do now that the wedding present is basted. As I looked at it, it seems that doing the horizontal channel stitching will work for the majority of the quilt but perhaps not for the center appliqued blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment