Friday, January 19, 2018

Ready for Binding

I finished machine quilting this wedding gift for the end of February.
I plan to ship it off next week and will need to find a box next. It turned out so very cute. I did an echo stitch around the houses and a simple horizontal channel stitch for the remainder of the quilt. I might add a label for the back and then it will be done. It is most pleasing. 

Doing applique can be addicting & I understand why my MotherInLaw worked with it in her later years. She sent all her quilts out to be long-armed and I understand that part as well. Most of the scraps or fabrics I have came from her closet. I got 4 huge moving boxes of her quilting stash. At the time, I gave myself a year to use it or give it away, and am still working with a good portion of it. I did give away a lot of it at first thinking I would never use certain items. What is left is still part of my project plans.

It is hard for a lot of us to release 'good' things we think we will use in time. And I am no exception. For as much as I do give away, there is an equal if not greater amount of things I keep. And yes, today is another trip to the thrift store. This time, I am taking my porcelain dishes. Decades ago, I had to have them and spent a small fortune on them. Its been hard to let go of them, and now I am ready. 

As for the fabrics, my plans are to use a good portion of them this year making comfort quilts.

No comments:

Post a Comment