Sunday, January 14, 2018

Still Without

Still without the desktop computer.

Took a trip to the big city to buy a replacement printer. They are so inexpensive and the biggest complaint I have is the cost of ink. Well, HP has an ink program and the printer was on sale. It took all morning to get it set up to the router and every other electronic thingy...IPhone, laptop, desktop. Thing has more bells and whistles and even its own email. 

I worked on the borders for the Outhouses quilt the rest of the day and still have more of them to go. I asked my older Son if he wants flannel or cotton as the backing...asked in a letter that I can now print off and send. My handwriting is not at all good. He & I chatted today but I wanted to send the question so he could think about it.

Pictures will follow once the computer guy stops by to fix it.

This is Zone 3 for the Fly Lady system...3=Bathroom & extras in other rooms. Fifteen minutes goes by fast and I can usually get the chore done in less than that so having a detailed list to do more like in the entry way, or studio. This process helps my cleaning style. 

Last week was the Kitchen Zone 2, and I finally pulled off the two sets of dishes, one already given to the thrift store and the other going out later this week. When I was in the big city, I bought a couple of yellow bowls and 2 Batman plates (yellow and black). I eat soups, pastas, and sometime flat meals like eggs and toast. I don't need much kitchen stuff so will start changing up some storage places.

Although I am without a computer to download photos, I am still quilting, and very much aware of how my spirituality is effected by what I do. Sometimes I take in frustration because I cannot do what I want. Its like having developed a perfect system and when it falls apart, I can either be the victim, try to blame this or that, or find another way to stay busy. I am not accountable to anyone for what I do. No one has a right to tell me that I need to perform or produce. If someone is disappointed that I don't have photos or don't write each day, well, I am sorry too. However, it is what it is.





No comments:

Post a Comment