Monday, January 29, 2018

Scraps

I know. It seems like that is all I write about. Scraps. Today, I did several rounds on a One-Block Log Cabin. It is my intention to keep all  darks on one side & all lights on the other side.

I've made a comfort quilt this way and will keep adding rounds until it is as wide as I like and then will add more rows on the top and bottom to extend it lengthwise. It doesn't need matching because, as the photo shows, it has a good light/dark value. AND what is great is that it uses up the random strips. It may end up being a back where I can either add or subtract according to the measurement on the top. Because most of it will be done, when it is ready to be matched, it will not take long to do the additions. And it is nice enough that if I create more backs than I can use, I will partner it will muslin and make it a quilt unto itself.

The other task I worked on was to simply cut squares out of the fabric leftovers. I have printed off the next round to the Medallion BOM. I have designated colors/fabrics, and because it is a mystery, I just have to trust that they will all work. My next thing is to press everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment