Tuesday, January 30, 2018

I Love a Good Mystery

I love reading Detective Mysteries and I join quilting Mysteries. And yet, I can never figure out how the crime is done and solved. Furthermore, I struggle with Mystery Quilts.

Yes struggle. Yet, I join one or two every year! February is month #2, & that means round #2 of the Mystery Medallion Quilt. 

I know it is supposed to take a month to complete; some participants have posted photos. What is nice about that is seeing how they work with the colors. 

Last month, I succumbed to using red because the host or author of the project recommended red. She lists the colors on the pattern as a suggestion and I take it as the rule. I thought it was ok to use red in the center block or medallion has those 4 hearts in it. 

So Okay, I used a red heart print to do that part of the block. I don't have many reds. And I was falling out of thinking for myself.

I selected colors and fabrics for this project so I could USE them up. I pulled greens and blues and pinks and yellows. What I also learned from a real-time teacher here in town is that when I use a fabric in one block, the flow is easier on the eye if that fabric is used in the next block. 

My light pink on an off-white is in the center and now in the 2nd round, as is the dark teal print. 

New to round 2 is a print that has pink, red, orange and yellow. 

I still do not know how to use the fabrics to make them work in the quilt and so it is round by round using that one suggestion for flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment