Thursday, February 15, 2018

Basting Morning

It was mighty cold outside this morning, so the clubhouse walk was brisk. Several of the quilt projects are ready for basting and then machine quilting, so while the low contrast quilt is taking a lot of time, I decided to baste a small nap size quilt, meant for one of my Cousins.

She is a career military person, so I was surprised when she asked for pink. I baste with natural light in the clubhouse, so didn't realize the blinds were closed for the night before. It was ok for me but the pic is dark.

Pink is a heart chakra color. I don't use a lot of it for projects, but pulled together 2.5" strips for this one. Yes, there is red and burgandy, but I think it adds a bit of interest. I plan to channel quilt this using the lines of the strips as a guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment