Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Low Contrast Quilting

They said it is hard to quilt with low contrast fabrics. They also said that I would have to be very careful with placement. It is true. All of it. First of all the pattern calls for Layer Cakes. Well, that is great if I lived in a larger town with more fabric stores to carry what I need. And the care for placement with low contrast takes focus. The first ones needed to have some seams ripped. But I've got it now.

There is also a fair amount of cutting for this Snail Trail quilt block. Cutting, pinning, piecing, pressing. I think it will become quite the stunning quilt top if I can get it right. I plan to make as many of the blocks as I can with what I have and then will need to shop for border fabric, and maybe backing to get it to look the way I want for this. If there are scraps left, I may try to make one of the borders from the leftovers.

Meanwhile, I have quilting tutorials on today instead of my usual audio books. I can use all the tips they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment