Thursday, February 8, 2018

Snail's Pace

Although the tutorial shows Jenny from MSQC making the blocks rather fast, in truth, she has 3 sewers to help her complete the quilts and only makes a couple of the blocks for demonstration.

When I looked for patterns that might work with low contrast fabrics, the Snail Trail is the one I came upon that produced secondary patterns when the quilt was laid out. Quilting has taught me that there can be layers to our lives and that the small bits of it where we experience success or struggle make lovelier moments when that phase of life is completed.

Because there were no Layer Cakes in neutrals, I bought fabric, calculating how much I would need to get 42 blocks out of two fabrics. Well, I am short on the neutral so will go back tomorrow to see if I can get enough for 10 more blocks. The store owner only buys one bolt of a specific pattern, so getting there sooner than later is best. As it is, she might already be sold out. I will take what I can find of it and make as many as possible. 

It is a slow process and I devote about half my day to the work before going onto other projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment